For more than 30 years we have been representing the interests of small and medium-sized enterprises and listed companies. We have wide experience in all areas of the law relevant to the business sector, including:
- liability law
- employment law
- administrative law
- contract law
- insolvency law
- commercial law
- hotel and catering law
- landlord and tenant law
- ICT law
- debt collection law
- intellectual property law (copyright law, trademark law, design law, plant breeders’ rights, media and information law)
- international debt collection
- media law (unlawful publications)
- company law
We also conduct litigation in all cases as and when necessary.
Legal Audit and the legal practitioner
Van der Goen Advocaten has developed a unique, three-tier service formula:
- The legal practitioner: we analyse the company using a legal audit that we keep continually updated. We use this audit to decide on the legal needs of your company in consultation with you. The great advantage of this is that this system is extremely flexible: one company will mange on just a few hours’ assistance each year, while another has a much more intensive need. This process is carried out by the legal practitioner who visits the company and provides legal support for the management or executive in all legal cases as they arise. This is done in close consultation with the lawyers.
- The Bar: lawyers specialized in the principal aspects of law which the business sector has to deal with. If necessary these lawyers are assisted by specialist advisers.
- Specialist advisers: specialists affiliated to our office include Prof. P.A. Stein, annotator of rulings of the Supreme Court in the area of employment law and landlord and tenant law, and Prof. Th.J. Mulder, who also holds the endowed chair of Information Management and Technology and is member of the committee of the Foundation for the Settlement of Automation Disputes.
This formula has enabled us to create a system that has proved its worth in practice and is characterized by:
- Rapid identification
- Effective service, avoiding unnecessary legal costs.
Van der Goen Advocaten is also called upon to provide strategic advice, consulting with the management and supervisory board to set out a legal policy. In cross-border cases, we form a legal team where necessary, comprising lawyers from various countries, in which we take responsibility for coordinating and managing the work on the case. (For the background to our strategic services, you are referred to the article (in Dutch): “De toekomst is aan de strategisten’ (The future is for the strategists), by B. van der Goen, published in the Netherlands Law Journal of 27 January 2006 and which can be viewed here.